Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Born to be an Attention Seeker


It's a tiring and humpy day. NO, I should say it's going to be a humpy and hectic month. But it's always good to occupy myself with works and works.

This week is the first session of the one-week long training. There are 3 more sessions to be conducted. It's a very challenging task, to be a coach, to do presentation and train the participants.

I have to make sure I'm doing it WELL, be interactive with the participants, to attract their attention to the presented topic, to be more humour by making some jokes here and there.

I like presentation. Hmmm.. maybe I am attention seeker. I am born to be!

I am not the only presenter for this, there is another American professional trainer cum consultant which is the main driver of this training. He is in charge on the business process part while I am in charge on the presentation on the techincal part. I have to do demo - step by step on how to navigate the system and explain to the participants on the relationship or connection between the system and the business process.

I like my opening introduction on the first day which came across my mind out of sudden, when I was waiting for my turn to present.

" Good morning everyone. Do you know why I'm standing here? Yes you are right, I'm here to share with you on how to use the SAP system more effectively and correctly. But this is just one of the purposes. My main target is TO MAKE YOU LOVE SAP. I know many of you hate the system, some have even said SAP is Slow and Painful. But why you hate SAP? For me, I love SAP. SAP means Sexy and Pretty. I'm going to make sure you are falling in love with SAP, Sexy and Pretty"

After I have finished the brief openning, I could see most of the participants were showing their smiled and excited face. I told myself, YES, I made it, I have withdrawn their attention and given them a very good impression on my confidence and skills. Then I continued with my presentation. Everything went smoothly, just as what I have planned.

And guess what? Most of my colleagues were complementing on my performance.

Comment from the senior manager "Execellent job, you are so different!"

Of course I understand the phrase " execellent job" but what was he trying to tell with " you are so different" ?

Am I potraying some characteristic that he had never thought that I could? I am performing beyond what he expected?

I'm having double characters?

I think this is my personality, you will never understand a Geminian well.

Neither do I.

I do believe that there are still many room for improvement. Yes, I would never be satisfied with what I'm achieving now. I always strive for better or the BEST. And I'm sure I CAN DO IT!

4 comments:

Aileen said...

u sounded quite humorous in your introduction :P

It is good to have confidence.

zhixing said...

Aileen,

Thanks for visiting my blog... BIG BIG Thank you...am so happy to see your comment.

Must always come and visit me ya ....

You got a blog as well?

Cheers,
ZX

Aileen said...

Yes. I am new to blogger. Have only started writing blog in August this year hehehe...

zhixing said...

Aileen,

What is ur blog's URL? Tried to click on your profile, but it did not link me to your blog.

Cheers,
ZX